I got tagged about my 6 quirks. Sorry that I didn’t tag anyone. Whoever feels like exposing 6 quirking things you do, please do—it’s actually entertaining to read these about people. It was sadly a little easy for me to think of 6 reasons why I’m kinda weird. I am definitely convinced that everyone has some weirdness to them.
1. Apple snob: I refuse to eat a soft apple. If I bite into one that is soft, I will throw the whole thing away. How wasteful I am.
2. Meat Germs: Whenever I handle/cook with raw meat, I am so OCD about whatever it touches. I will wash my hands about 12 times, sanitize the counter, the faucet where I touched, the sink, and then my hands again…it’s ridiculous.
3. Fainting: Maybe this isn’t a quirk, but I can’t help myself. I faint every now and then. I’ve fainted in the temple a couple of times (almost the other day), twice on our high school missionary bike rides (that was two different years mind you), whenever my mom would put curlers in my hair when I was little…and I really don’t need to waste my time mentioning all of them. Mike is patient with me on this one.
4. Fear of Bees: I’m terrified of bees. Never been stung, and that probably aids this fear of mine. One time I was working out in the orchard, and one of those HUGE bees went down my shirt. I threw off my shirt and went crazy.
5. Men taking their clothes off: I don’t know why it is, but men like to take their clothes off in front of me. I’ve been flashed twice, and actually it was so close to 3 times. Besides those friendly exhibitionists, another naked instance was when I was watching one of Mike’s softball games. The first baseman was directly in front of us (Wendi, Erin Andelin, Kendra Wright) decided to go commando . Well, he stretched too far and left a HUGE rip most of the way down the backside of his pants. That was equally as nasty as the flashers. Mike laughs at me about this one, and then reminds me that I need to carry my gun more.
6. Bed must be made: I’m one of those people that can’t stand to not have their bed made. It bugs me so bad, that if I somehow have forgotten to make it and I’m ready for bed, I will make it two minutes before I go to bed, just so I can climb into a made bed. The straight sheets seem cleaner to me somehow. I don’t know if Mike will ever understand this one about me.